Today I’m posting the one photo I was able to take before getting kick off the Palm Beach County Courthouse property a week ago Monday. If you don’t know you can read my long rant at 911 Memorial Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Here is a list of events and my current status in my pursuit to find out why I’m not allowed to take photo on the courthouse property.
1. Stopped at courthouse by a sheriff, why? – She didn’t know, it was just a rule.
2. Called sheriff headquarters, their answer. – First “Must be a homeland security rule” After I informed them DHS didn’t have any rules against it I was told “My supervisor says you have to file a formal complaint”
3. Received call from deputy at headquarters. – No rules that he knew of but I need to call the courthouse and speak with the supervisor there.
4. Called courthouse – supervisor unavailable but was told it was a rule from the Facilities Development & Operations that runs the courthouse, and to call them.
5. Today I’m calling the Dept that runs the courthouse.
At this point I have spoken to 6 different members of the Palm Beach Sheriff’s office and not one of them can tell me why I’m not allowed to take photos on courthouse property. On a side note I did ask for an email address so I could ask this question in writing. I was told the sheriff office is not allowed to give out email address. I’ll let you formulate or own questions on that one.
This photograph is a 15 exposure HDR, taken at .7 EV brackets. I did have to crop this and do some lens correction to fix the angle. Normally I would have moved the camera for a better angle, but you all know why I didn’t. So without further ado here is the infamies photo. I don’t know about you, but I think it turned out really well and was worth all the drama.